The next adventure in NZ

For those following us we left England over 2 years ago and went back to Australia.  We lasted 2 years and decided to pack up, sell our house and head back to New Zealand.  So we listed our house for sale in October, it sold the week before Christmas and on the 22nd January a container arrived to pick up our belongings including Scots bike/s as he has 1 complete and 3 in pieces.  We had settlement on the 24th January and flew in to Christchurch on the 29th January.  Topaz flew into Christchurch on the 30th Jan and we picked him up and he went into a lovely cattery there until we have a house organised to go to.

On the 31st we flew to Auckland, hired a car and drove to Pukekohe to pick up a motorhome previously organised and to watch Scots brother sidecar racing.  Unfortunately for us, the motorhome was not as we were led to believe so we didn’t buy it.  We then took another hire car over to Scots other family who are in Tauranga and found another campervan in Mount Maunganui which we bought.  It is smaller than we would like but will suit short tripping around.  If we were travelling for a year it wouldn’t work.  We then proceeded to Ohope where Scots family were holidaying and stayed for a few nights to work out it’s bits and pieces.  We travelled back to Tauranga and took the campervan to a mechanic to check the engine and brakes to make sure it was safe before taking off.  Having that done, we are now just waiting for an appointment for me for a spinal surgeon, as I need spinal surgery – which threw a spanner in our plan a week before we left Australia.  It is what it is and I hope I don’t deteriorate so I can’t walk before we get settled or before I get surgery sorted!

On the 31st we flew to Auckland, hired a car and drove to Pukekohe to pick up a motorhome previously organised and to watch Scots brother sidecar racing.  Unfortunately for us, the motorhome was not as we were led to believe so we didn’t buy it.  We then took another hire car over to Scots other family who are in Tauranga and found another campervan in Mount Maunganui which we bought.  It is smaller than we would like but will suit short tripping around.  If we were travelling for a year it wouldn’t work.  We then proceeded to Ohope where Scots family were holidaying and stayed for a few nights to work out it’s bits and pieces.  We travelled back to Tauranga and took the campervan to a mechanic to check the engine and brakes to make sure it was safe before taking off.  Having that done, we are now just waiting for an appointment for me for a spinal surgeon, as I need spinal surgery – which threw a spanner in our plan a week before we left Australia.  It is what it is and I hope I don’t deteriorate so I can’t walk before we get settled or before I get surgery sorted!

Scot has decided he will work casually here in Tauranga until we leave to bring a few bucks in – his choice. Once we hear from the surgeon when I can get in to see him we will make a move south.  I can’t leave Topaz in care for much longer as I miss him too much.  We are hoping he will come and travel in the van with us until we get into our new house – wherever that will be.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.